We aim to make it easier for women with disability to have breast screens.
We support women with disability by:
- providing access for most types of wheelchairs at most service locations, including mobile vans
- providing access to Australian Sign Language interpreters
- changing the breast screening procedure for women who have difficulties with movement
- allowing a support person to come with you into the breast screening room
- allowing a guide or assistance dog to come with you into the breast screening room
- providing easy to read information about breast screening.
Depending on your disability, some breast screening locations may be more accessible to you than others. For this reason, we need you to call us to make an appointment rather than book online. Please call us on 13 20 50 and we can tell you which breast screening location will be best for you.
Last updated: October 2021