Did you know?
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australian women
- If you’re a woman, your risk of breast cancer increases greatly after the age of 50
- Nine out of 10 women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of breast cancer
- Breast screening can find breast cancer early, before it can be seen or felt by a woman or her doctor
- Finding breast cancer early means there are more treatment options
- Breast screening has a normal result for most women, with no cancer found
Last updated: February 2024